The Village Apartments
10250-10270 West Mississippi Avenue
Lakewood, Colorado 80226
Move Out Check List
Some things to consider before giving your notice
- Upon receiving written notice to vacate, your apartment becomes available to pre-lease. Make sure you are 100% committed to move out before giving written notice.
- Look at all the costs involved with moving, (deposits, moving companies, time off work, etc.).
- If you are looking for a change of pace or different size apartment, contact your manager first and find out what is available at The Village.
30 Days Out
- If you wish to move out of your apartment at or after lease expiration, you must give us THIRTY DAYS PRIOR WRITTEN NOTICE to vacate.
For consideration of the amount of refund of your Security Deposit, the following requirements must be met:
15 Days Out
- The full term of your lease must be completed and all the provisions of your lease be complied with.
- At least thirty days written notice to vacate must be given.
- Apartment must be left in the same condition as at the time of occupancy (normal wear and tear accepted). Carpet must be professionally cleaned and receipt given to management.
- All sums due per your lease must be paid prior to move-out. Any charges, if applicable, will be made against your Security Deposit and may require additional funds.
Day of Move Out
- Contact Post Office to have mail forwarded
- Secure moving arrangements
- Contact utility companies to have services turned off or transferred
What to pack - Your Survival Guide
- Turn in your keys
- Pay any outstanding balances, including your final utilities
- Make sure your leasing office has a forwarding address
- Clean apartment to avoid cleaning costs and have carpets professionally cleaned.
- Turn in parking pass if you have covered parking (if applicable)
- Basic tools- hammer, screwdriver, utility knife, nails, tape, flashlight, light bulbs, and extension cords
- Payment for movers
- Bathroom needs-towels, soap, toilet paper, and a show curtain
- Kitchen needs- snacks, drinks, disposable utensils, cups, and plates
- Cleaning needs sponges, cleansers, broom, dustpan, garbage bags, and paper towels
- Personal needs eyeglasses, contacts, telephone, alarm clock, checkbook, and extra clothes
- Keys, maps, important phone numbers, and directions to your new home
- Children's games and toys
If you have any questions about moving, transferring to another apartment, or what your leasing options are, please contact your manager.